If you've been expressing your desire to start your own business, I'm sure you've heard all the excuses people give you not to - things like it's too risky, it costs too much etc. But with every reason not to start your own business, there's at least one reason why you should. We want to investigate all of the great reasons why you should start your own business.
Entrepreneur has a great list of ten reasons why you should take the leap and follow your dreams. Those reasons include:
1. Spare Time - While it might not seem like it at first, you will eventually reach a point where you will be able to pick your own schedule and have freedom you would have at other jobs.
2. A Story to Tell - When you start your own business, you determine your own story. You are no longer beholden to the corporate life and people will enjoy hearing how your business got started.
3. Tax Benefits - As an entrepreneur, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of some tax perks.
4. Pride - When you build something from the ground up, and you succeed, it's one of the best feelings in the world.
5.Your Posterity - If you have an average desk job, there really isn't anything you can do to pass your career on to a loved one. When you have your own business, it can become your legacy and you can pass it on to the next generation.
6. Job Security - You will be your own boss, so you have to worry about getting let go. You get to define the terms of your own success.
7. Networking - When you own your own business, your circle of friend is likely to increase. You'll get to network with other business owners and form a network of support as your build your business.
8. Doing Good - As a business owner, you will get to control where your company profits go. If you choose to, you can sponsor a charity or find other ways to give back to the community. Corporate giving and community relations can also provide you with tax benefits so it makes fiscal sense as well as making a positive impact.
9. Novelty - Owning your own business ensures you will always be facing a new challenge or experience.
10. Mentorship - One thing you'll discover as a small business owner is that the business community can be very supportive. Take advantage of this and find a mentor to learn from - you can always use a helping hand. Don't be afraid to ask someone that you admire personally or professionally to mentor you. Even if you can only get them to meet with you once, there are valueable lessons to be learned even in one single meeting.
We support micro, small, medium, start up and all kinds of businesses. PayAnywhere has the tools that you need to start and grow your business and we have the ability to help you grow and to grow with you. If you have any questions about your account or are interested in finding out more about creating an account with us you can give us a call. PayAnywhere offers you the ability to sign up now by selecting the button above or you can even call us and reach a real live person in the U.S.