Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security that requires a password and a passcode/security token in order to log in to an account.
- Make sure you have two-factor authentication enabled in PayAnywhere Inside. Security tokens are unique each time and are sent via SMS, so message & data rates may apply.
- Log in to PayAnywhere Inside using your username and password.
- A message is going to pop up saying "SMS token was sent."
- Below that message will be a box that asks you to enter your security token.
- Check your phone as a text message will arrive shortly containing your security token.
- Enter and submit this code into the designated box and you will be granted access to PayAnywhere Inside.
- When you enable two-factor authentication in PayAnywhere Inside, it will also be enabled on the PayAnywhere app.