You can accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and PayPal payments. In order to process a sale, you will need an Internet connection (WiFi or data plan).
If you are in the middle of a transaction and you receive a phone call or text message, press “Decline” and complete your transaction. Hitting “Accept” will abruptly end your transaction and force the app to close.
If you are taking an order over the phone and manually keying in your customer's information, make sure to write "Phone Order" on the signature screen.
Express Items are useful for accepting payment without a product in the item library.
- iPhone: To make a sale with an Express Item, tap on the credit card icon. iPad and tablets: Select "Express Item."
- Enter a custom amount for a one-off item.
- Hit “Add.”
- Process payment by swiping or inserting a card. Or, tap “Proceed To Checkout” for Manual, Cash, NFC, and Split Tender or Split Payment transactions.
Swipe to Sell
When your customers are in a hurry, Swipe to Sell allows you to simply swipe a card and move onto the next sale.
- To use Swipe to Sell, swipe the card.
- Enter the amount.
- Follow the prompts to complete the sale. You will then be directed to the Signature screen (if applicable) and the Receipt screen.