Add a Bluetooth receipt printer for $8.95/month.
Add a Bluetooth receipt printer and cash drawer for $13.95/month.
Use your device’s built-in camera as a barcode scanner, or add on a compatible Bluetooth barcode scanner. The Socket Mobile 7Ci CX2870-1409 scanner is available for purchase at retailers like amazon.com.
Pairing a WisePadTM with PayAnywhere Storefront
Connect WisePadTM 2 to PayAnywhere Storefront:
- Launch Settings in the PayAnywhere Storefront tablet.
- Make sure Bluetooth® is ON and search for devices.
- Look for a device with the prefix "WPCXXXXXXXX" and tap Pair.
- Note: Do not pair to the device that has a suffix "WPCXXXXXXXX-LE." If this is the only option you are seeing, search for devices again.
- Both the WisePadTM 2 and PayAnywhere Storefront will request to confirm pairing.
- If you do not see this, try again.
Once the reader is paired, launch the PayAnywhere app.
- Go to Settings → Card Reader.
- Look for the recently paired reader and click on it.
- Enable the PIN Debit option, which will request a PIN from the cardholder.
Next, update your firmware in the PayAnywhere app.
- Go to Settings → Reader Firmware Settings → Update.
- The screen will close automatically when the update is finished.
- During the update process, the WisePadTM 2 will be disconnected and restarted.
- You may need to unpair and pair the reader again from Settings in the tablet.
- To verify that the reader is up to date, return to the Reader Firmware Settings.
- You should see an alert that the reader is up to date.
Things to note about the PIN Debit option:
- When enabled, contactless, keyed, and pre-authorization transactions are disabled.
- When enabled, every transaction will request a PIN to process as PIN Debit.
- When disabled, a PIN won’t be requested and the transaction will be processed as credit.
- PIN Debit transactions do not require a signature.
- Chip PIN Debit is only supported on the following card applications: US Debit and Mastercard Debit.
Setting up printers on devices
Bluetooth Star Printer
- Plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Go to device settings, turn on Bluetooth, and scan for devices. You should see "Star Micronics" under available devices. If not, try step 3 first, then refresh the list to see the printer name.
- On the back of printer there is a small red button labelled "Pair". Hold it down for about 10 seconds. Tap Star Micronics on your tablet/phone, if displayed. If not displayed, refresh or re-scan the Bluetooth list until you see the printer, then tap.
- Confirm that the pairing was successful.
- Open the app and tap Settings, then Printers & Cash Drawers. Turn on Enable Receipt Printing and select the printer name that appears beneath the toggle.
- On the Printer Details screen, toggle on Use Printer switch. You may now tap the Test Printer button to print a test receipt. You may also toggle on and test the Cash Drawer, if using. Finally, make sure you save your settings.
Bluetooth POS Printer
- Plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Go to device settings, turn on Bluetooth, and scan for devices. You should see "POS80" under available devices.
- Tap POS80 from the list of available devices. A small screen will pop up to enter a passcode. Enter "0000" or "1234" and then tap "Pair".
- Now your printer should be successfully paired to your device. Follow Step 5 and 6 from above.
Network Star Printer (TSP 100)
- Plug in the printer, turn it on, and connect it to a network cable.
- Go to device settings, turn on Wi-Fi, and connect the phone/tablet to the same network. Follow step 5 and 6 from above.
POS80 Bluetooth printer has lost connectivity with the app. Here are some tips/instructions:
- If your Storefront battery is at 30% or less it will drop Bluetooth connectivity.
- Make sure the printer is not paired with another device.
- Make sure the Storefront device doesn't have low battery, which might in turn affect the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Turn off the printer if not being used for a long time.
- Make sure Visibility Timeout is set to "Never Timeout" in device Bluetooth settings. (Must be set)
- Check the POS80 Printer periodically to ensure it is not in an errored state (flashing red light).
- If the printer is in an error state:
- Open the printer and make sure the paper is in the proper position.
- Close the cover of the printer and make sure the cover is completely closed. The red light will turn off when the cover is closed properly.
- The printer may print a waiting receipt.
- Check the device's Bluetooth menu to ensure the printer is still paired.
- Check Manage Devices/Printers to ensure the POS80BT appears, and has a checkmark next to it.
- Try a test print.