- Launch Settings in the PayAnywhere Storefront tablet.
- Make sure Bluetooth® is ON and search for devices.
- Look for a device with the prefix "WPCXXXXXXXX" and tap Pair.
- Note: Do not pair to the device that has a suffix "WPCXXXXXXXX-LE." If this is the only option you are seeing, search for devices again.
- Both the WisePadTM 2 and PayAnywhere Storefront will request to confirm pairing.
- If you do not see this, try again.
Once the reader is paired, launch the PayAnywhere app.
- Go to Settings → Card Reader.
- Look for the recently paired reader and click on it.
- Enable the PIN Debit option, which will request a PIN from the cardholder.
Next, update your firmware in the PayAnywhere app.
- Go to Settings → Reader Firmware Settings → Update.
- The screen will close automatically when the update is finished.
- During the update process, the WisePadTM 2 will be disconnected and restarted.
- You may need to unpair and pair the reader again from Settings in the tablet.
- To verify that the reader is up to date, return to the Reader Firmware Settings.
- You should see an alert that the reader is up to date.
Things to note about the PIN Debit option:
- When enabled, contactless, keyed, and pre-authorization transactions are disabled.
- When enabled, every transaction will request a PIN to process as PIN Debit.
- When disabled, a PIN won’t be requested and the transaction will be processed as credit.
- PIN Debit transactions do not require a signature.
- Chip PIN Debit is only supported on the following card applications: US Debit and Mastercard Debit.