A pre-authorization allows you to prepare a sale, placing a hold on the funds, but not processing the sale immediately. This is a two-part process and you must close the pre-authorization to complete the transaction.
Note: Pre-authorizations are only valid for 7 days from the authorization date.
To create a pre-auth:
- From the Navigation Menu, tap “Pre-Auth.”
- Create a new pre-auth in the same manner in which you would a new sale (i.e., add items to the cart).
- Follow the prompts to save the pre-auth.
To close or complete a pre-auth:
- Open the Navigation Menu to tap on “Transactions.”
- Select the transaction.
- Under Actions, tap on "Complete."
- Tap "Submit."
- If needed, modify the pre-auth by editing the cart.
- Follow the prompts to complete the transaction.