May 22, 2014
8 Tips for Writing Great Survey Questions
Getting responses to surveys for your company can be difficult. So how do you improve your questions? Constant Contact offers these 8 tips:
1. Write questions that are simple and to the point.
2. Use words with clear meanings.
3. Limit the number of ranking options.
4. In a multiple-choice question, cover all options without overlapping.
5. Avoid double-barreled questions.
6. Offer an “out” for questions that don’t apply.
7. Avoid offering too few or too many options.
8. Make recall easy.