While Valentine's Day is often geared towards couples and romantic love, it can also serve as a reminder to business owners that they should show love and appreciation for their employees. If you want to make your employees feel cared for all year-round, try these suggestions from Inc.'s Suzanne Lucas:
1. Make work interesting and challenging.
2. Get rid of the bullies.
3. Don't just follow the law when it comes to things like maternity leave and family medical leave.
4. Bring in food.
5. Send home those who came to work sick.
6. Give great references for your former employees.
7. Stay off their social media accounts.
8. Solve problems directly, not through policy.
9. Adopt a culture of openess.
10. Think of offering more flexibility - like allowing employees to leave early when they have appointments, or allowing them to work from home one or two days a week.
For more tips, and to read the full article, visit www.inc.com.